Butternut Squash Crostinis with Roasted Garlic
Makes 12 pieces
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Cook time: 40 minutes.
- 1 whole head garlic
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1, 10 oz bag of frozen chopped butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh italian herbs (a mix of rosemary, thyme, marjoram, or oregano)
- 1 sourdough baguette
- ½ cup Good Culture Probiotic Cream Cheese
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Flaky sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375, and a toaster oven to 400F.
- Slice the top ½ inch off of the entire head of garlic, and drizzle just the exposed surface with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Wrap loosely in foil, and bake in the toaster oven for 30-40 minutes, or until fragrant. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the butternut squash to a mixing bowl, and toss with the minced herbs and olive oil. Spread out evenly over the baking sheet, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice the baguette into 12 pieces. Spray or drizzle lightly with olive oil, and add to a baking sheet. Keep the oven at 375F, and roast for 3-4 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Spread each piece of toasted bread with 2 teaspoons of cream cheese, and 1 small or ½ large garlic clove. Top with roasted butternut squash, and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Garnish the crostinis with flaky sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Serve immediately!