cottage cheese fudge brownies
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies:
5 oz dark chocolate, divided
1 cup Good Culture 4% Cottage cheese
1/2 cup grade A maple syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dark Chocolate Ganache:
4 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup cream
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter an 8×8 inch baking pan.
3. Blend cottage cheese in a food processor until it’s the consistency of ricotta cheese.
4. Melt the dark chocolate in a mixing bowl. When completely melted, stir in cottage cheese. Then add the maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir in cocoa, almond flour, and salt. Chop the other 2 ounces of dark chocolate and stir into batter.
5. Transfer the batter to your baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
7. To make the ganache, chop 4 ounces of chocolate. Heat the cream until just about to boil. Pour over chopped chocolate and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Stir until smooth.
8. Spread the ganache over the brownies and let set in the refrigerator. Once chilled, enjoy!