Creamy Pumpkin Orzo
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 8 oz orzo (about 1 ¼ cup)
- 3 cup veggie or chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup Good Culture cottage cheese
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- Salt & pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet. Whisk in flour for 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour in 2 cups of broth while whisking to keep it smooth.
- Stir in the pumpkin and a large pinch of salt and a little pepper. Stir in the orzo.
- Cool for about 15 minutes, stirring throughout. Halfway through stir in the milk. Add more water if it’s getting dry. I add about ½ cup more.
- Once it’s cooked, turn off heat and stir in the cottage cheese. Sit until well incorporated and some of the cottage cheese has melted.