giant pizza frittata
2 tbsp oil of choice
a few garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup good culture™ cottage cheese
1 8oz bunch broccolini or equivalent broccoli
1 bell pepper sliced into thin strips – can replace this with asparagus or mushroom
1/2 cup red onions
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. put eggs and cottage cheese in a big bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. preheat broiler with oven rack 6″ from heat.
3. trim broccolini stems from tops.
4. cut tops and stems into bite size pieces.
5. heat a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high with about 1 tbsp oil.
6. add garlic cloves first then add broccolini stems, bell pepper and onion.
7. cook. stir often (total cook time about 5 minutes until vegetables are slightly tender).
8. add broccolini tops.
9. cook 5-6 minutes until broccolini is bright green and bell peppers are tender.
10. fold vegetable mixture, salt and pepper into egg mixture.
11. heat 1.5 tsp oil in skillet over medium heat or use a cooking spray.
12. swil to coat. pour egg mixture into skillet. cook 30 seconds.
13. reduce heat to medium-low and cook without stirring until eggs are partially cooked. about 4 minutes.
14. transfer skillet to oven; broil until eggs are set and top of frittata is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
15. remove from oven. run a spatula around edges to loosen.
16. cut into 3-4 wedges.