Spinach & Artichoke Bites
Makes 12 regular, or 24 mini bites
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Cook time: 40 minutes.
- 1 cup finely chopped frozen spinach, packed (about 5 oz)
- 1, 10 oz bag of artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Good Culture Cottage Cheese
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1, 8-oz can crescent roll dough, gluten free or regular
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Arrange a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 350F.
- Use cooking spray to lightly grease a mini muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic, mozzarella, and cottage cheese. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, and stir well to incorporate. Set aside.
- Lightly flour a work surface and rolling pin. Remove the crescent dough, and roll out to a 16×12” rectangle. Slice the dough into 4” squares, you should have 12 pieces.*
- Press one square of dough into each muffin tin slot. Add a heaping spoonful (about 2 tablespoons) of the prepared filling into each slot, and garnish with a pinch (about 1 teaspoon) of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Set aside to cool slightly before removing from the pan.
Notes: *To make mini bites, use a mini muffin tin, and stretch the dough into an 8×12” rectangle. Cut into 2” squares, you should have 24 pieces. Cook the bites for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and cheese is melted.